Vaccination of puppies – what, when and for what?
The content of the article
- Vaccination: from puppy to adult dog
- The first step
- Est diagram vaccination
Vaccination: from puppy to adult dog
Vaccination of puppies – very responsible action, which is often fully borne by the new owner. The fact that there is no strict dogma defining vaccination scheme, so you can “get” both grafted and unvaccinated puppy.
However, in any case, the initial vaccination is only an initial step towards the establishment of full-fledged puppy immunity. Therefore – even if the puppy has been vaccinated – you will have to complete the work begun by the breeder, with all the responsibility.
Vaccination is carried out for protecting an animal from infectious diseases such as plague, hepatitis, parainfluenza and parvovirus enteritis, leptospirosis, and of course, rabies.
Consider what are the stages of the event, its frequency and the requirements for its conduct.
At the initial stage of his life puppy has passive immunity. He absorbed his mother’s milk, and while it it is enough to ensure adequate protection for the period of infancy puppy. Therefore, taking a puppy under the age of 1-1.5 months, you may well face the fact that he had not been vaccinated: in this period, active immunity (formed after the administration of the vaccine) can suppress the passive (congenital), whereby the first will simply ineffective.
If the breeder will conclude that litter for some reason is weakened in terms of the availability of innate immunity, it may well make the puppies vaccinated at the age of 1 month.
In each of these cases, the first and / or subsequent vaccination will be carried out by you in accordance with:
- 1. With the recommendations of the manufacturer of the vaccine you are using. This may be a domestic or import preparation. Choosing one of them, to be followed this direction, without changing the manufacturer (at least, as a puppy). Also distinguish between live and inactivated vaccines. Recent transferred puppies better, but they require the use of a double with 2 weeks interval. On this issue, it is best to consult with a specialist.
- 2. With advice of a veterinarian, who will necessarily take into account the sanitary-epidemiological situation in your area, state of the puppy, as well as data on previous vaccination listed in the veterinary puppy passport. This document is issued breeder and each subject to mandatory vaccination displayed therein.
- 3.With optional lack of contact with sick animals (if not vaccinated, which, incidentally, is not a medicine, will lead to an exacerbation of the disease and can be fatal).
- 4.C state of health of the puppy.
With regard to the latter point, it is, of course, pay attention to the veterinarian (independently be vaccinated puppies are not recommended). However, you still have to give him some primary information based on the mandatory monitoring of the puppy and the preliminary preparation:
- 1. It is to be active, cheerful and happy. Dry nose and loss of appetite – this is sufficient reason to postpone vaccination.
- puppy 2.Temperatura for 5 days prior to the planned vaccination should be stably equal to 38-39 degrees (measured in the anus for 4-5 minutes).
- 3.Malysh must be treated against parasites for 10-14 days before the planned vaccination – external (fleas and ticks) and internally (from worms and ascarids).
Especially for puppies produced anthelmintic drugs, has a sweet taste that the owner did not have problems with the introduction of the substance into the oral cavity. Half an hour after taking the drug, many veterinarians recommend giving a puppy a tablespoon of castor oil, and after another hour of “child” can be fed.
Only when these three (or, at least, the first and last) puppy conditions may be subjected to vaccination. “Expose” – because it really is a serious challenge for the child, both emotionally and physically. Therefore it is better to call a doctor at home: firstly, because the puppy (and you) will be calmer, and secondly, to be able to avoid unwanted contact with other animals.
In general, in a time when natural immunity has been lost from the mother and the newly acquired as a result of vaccination has not gained momentum, there is a so-called “immune gap.” During this period, which lasts for 3 weeks after vaccination, puppies is particularly protected. No walks, contact with other pets and hypothermia. Puppy diet at this time should be carefully thought out in the presence of all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Est diagram vaccination
As already mentioned, the exact scheme of vaccination of puppies does not exist. Different breeders and veterinarians are practicing all sorts of variations, depending on the breed of dog, the selected drug, the status of the animal and the conditions of his detention. By the way, the last criterion should not be the deciding factor: vaccination equally needs the puppy, who lives in the apartment, and the dog “budochnogo” content.
So, we give a rough scheme of vaccination among the most sought-after specialist drug Dutch production Nobivac (Multikan, Polivak – his Russian counterparts). It is a living complex vaccine, which is administered once at regular intervals:
- 1. In the age of 2 months, the puppy vaccinated for the first time, using Nobivac PUPPY DP (do not forget that for 10 days before full treatment of parasites must be made, otherwise the puppy is very difficult to transfer vaccinated).
- 2.Dozhdavshis complete change of teeth (which is the age of 4-6 months), make a second inoculation drug Nobivac DHPPi + L (also after a preliminary deworming).
- 3.Tretya vaccination done at the age of 9-12 months. This is the same vaccine Nobivac DHPPi + L (against distemper, enteritis, pargrippa, hepatitis and leptospirosis), plus Nobivac R (rabies). Deworming is also carried out for 10 days, but no longer used medications for puppies and adult dogs.
A further scheme is simple – vaccination is carried out once a year. Absolute guarantee that vaccinated dog is not sick, no. However, with the regular holding of this event risk is minimized, and the disease – if it did come – will be easy and uncomplicated.