When traveling with your dog it is necessary to take into account a series of recommendations to avoid scares.
TIPS FOR TRAVELING WITH YOUR DOG IN THE CAR
- The dog should never go loose inside the car. Apart from what is harmful for him and for you, there is legislation that fine situations like these.
- You must have an approved safety belt or carrier, such as a double-hitch harness, to carry your pet inside the car
On the other hand, moving with our pets throughout the world is nowadays the most usual. Every time there are more facilities to enjoy holidays or rest days with our furry friends. There are already a large number of hotels, restaurants and even public transport where they have the right of admission.
GENERAL TIPS FOR TRAVELING WITH YOUR DOG:
- Find information about problems and / or diseases of your destination
- Have your passport fully updated (health card)
- Updated, signed and sealed anti-rabies vaccine
- Identification with microchip. Apart from the fact that the transponder is mandatory, it ensures that it can be recovered in case of loss
- Internal deworming against echinococcus (hydatidosis) updated, signed and sealed
- Search hotels or apartments that allow pets. There are numerous guides on the internet
- Apply prevention measures for vector diseases (consultation with the veterinarian)
- For international travel, see guides at consulate offices, with requirements, eg. PET TRAVEL. Some countries, such as the United Kingdom, Sweden and Ireland, require the evaluation of rabies antibodies in a blood sample from our pet before traveling, so it is important to foresee with sufficient time such actions
If the animal also suffers stress during the trip, do not forget to take your food. In this way we will avoid digestive problems such as vomiting, diarrhea … Do not leave your pet in the vehicle during summer because they can suffer a heat stroke .