Insecticide poisoning in animals

Insecticide poisoning in animals

 

Organophosphate and carbamate ( BB ) are pesticides used in crops or products to control fleas, ticks and other insects. They are responsible for the largest number of poisonings we serve.

May  occur accidental poisoning or criminal action (intentional)

When these products are used in gardens where animals have contact with plants, contaminated waste or water or when used in wrong doses (high) in the control of fleas, lice and ticks can seriously poison an animal accidentally. Intentionally would put this poison in the middle of food.

The active ingredient acts on the nervous system affecting almost the entire body , resulting in excessive stimulation of various organs.

Can cause diarrhea , vomiting , excessive salivation , tremors , convulsions and muscle twitching . You can also  speed up or slow heart rate , the eyes glaze over and the product is inhaled can cause respiratory distress

Puppies and cats are often the most affected because of curiosity FUCAM at all. Sometimes occurs criminal poisoning as put the poison into the meat or something that the animal likes to eat a lot. Often to treat fleas, ticks and other parasites, we may use the wrong dose or the animal is more sensitive to the product.

Diagnosis is based on clinical history (possibility of accidental poisoning or not), the response to treatment. You can also request analysis of stomach contents (eg vomiting) but the result will take a few days

Usually when accidental poisoning is the owner should t razer bottle or poison box , easing agent identification we find the antidote.

In case of suspected poisoning should seek a veterinarian URGENT!

Add Comment