Virtually every day we come across dogs and cats walking in the abandoned streets . Puppies, sick animals, older animals or just one mutt who was born on the street and I could live and die in the streets running all risks.
If you are one of those who could not continue their way without doing something (anything really and just do not let him in front of a veterinary clinic or an NGO ), know here first aid.
– Be careful in the rescue not to get involved in a traffic accident or not get a bite: stray animal may be frightened, in pain or illness that can pass to humans.
– Do not place this unknown animal with other animals that, by chance, you have at home: The REDEEMED ANIMAL HAS TO BE QUARANTINE.
– Provide food and water and observe how it behaves in the early hours.
– As soon as possible, take your veterinarian trust for an initial assessment and care.
– If he is injured or ill known, look for a veterinarian before take home . In this case you will already have to bear the first costs: you should not think that the vet has to bear it alone. If you do that it is bankrupt in a matter of days.
– Making an examination of feces or else vermifugar (according to the orientation of the veterinarian).
– Give a nice shower and spend preventive against fleas and ticks.
– After the quarantine, probably, if healthy, can be vaccinated and neutered.
– Veterinary Medical is the only one who can guide you regarding diet, vaccines, drugs and tests required for this new animal is part of your life in a healthy and safe manner.