Features of immunity in dogs
The content of the article
- The role of immunity in animal health
- Why may be lowered immunity
- How to raise immunity in dogs
- Overview of products
- self-treatment Dangers
- Preventive measures
Immunity in warm blooded animals and humans – is the main protective force of the organism, which allows you to fight against harmful external and internal factors. It is not known what would happen to living beings, if the immune system does not reflect the numerous attacks of bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa would not cope with internal failures and irregularities.
The role of immunity in animal health
The first “batch” of immune cells of any newborn baby receives from the mother’s milk, that is, immediately after birth, it does not have its own immunity. His body is yet to safety due to protective mother forces.
Over time, the puppy to develop its own immune system, which will cope with most pathogens penetrating into his body.
The stronger protection, the stronger the dog’s health, the less and less it is sick, and the problems that arise are quickly and completely without complications. But if the immune system weakens, the animal may be very ill. To avoid this, the owners need to take every effort to maintain the health of the dog in perfect shape.
Why it can be lowered immunity
The reason for the fall immune forces are the following conditions and diseases:
- Incorrect, inadequate or unbalanced dog food.
- Stressful situations in which the dog gets: separation from the mother’s breast, transfer to another family, the appearance in the house of a young child or a new pet, moving, visiting the veterinary clinic for the first time, and so on.
- Long-term, severe or chronic illness.
- Surgical interventions, anesthesia.
- The use of massive doses of antibiotics and other drugs capable to inhibit the immune system.
- Childbirth and feeding puppies.
- Worm infestation.
- The presence of fleas, lice, ticks and other parasites.
Pet owners may notice a decrease in immunity of your pet on the following grounds:
- Lethargy, passive behavior, apathy, unwillingness to play.
- The animal often falls, tries to hide from the people, a lot of sleeping.
- Dog gets tired quickly on the walk.
- Reduced appetite in dogs.
- Sometimes the animal is overcome by bouts of aggression, he may growl on your own host.
- His hair loses its shine and smoothness, becomes dull, dull, may begin to fall out or stray into mats.
- Increased diseases over long and heavy for them.
Upon detection of these symptoms, check your dog at the vet, because signs of lowered immunity may indicate the presence of serious pet health problems.
How to increase immunity in dogs
There are two types of immunity: innate and adaptive. Origin inherited at birth, and the second is produced throughout life when exposed to disease agents.
After pereboleet animal, the body “remembers” exciter and generates corresponding antibodies. As a result, even a re-infestation is not as dangerous for the dog, as the first, because her immune system has learned to recognize and reflect enemy attacks it in appropriate ways.
So the best way to deal with potential infections and diseases – is timely vaccination. After vaccination within a certain time the animal produces resistance to infection.
Even if the dog is sick, the disease is much milder, in a greased form, the animal suffers less and quickly bounces back. Especially important it is to vaccinate against diseases potentially fatal to dogs.
Additional ways to strengthen the immune system following measures are dog:
- Competent selection of a balanced diet based on the age and health of the animal.
- Hardening dog stay in the fresh air, stroll in any season, with different weather conditions, sufficient physical activity.
- Timely regular de-worming and elimination of blood-sucking parasites. It is especially important to do this if the dog lives outdoors or in contact with other animals, especially stray.
- Protect the dog from the negative effects of stress. Do not yell at him, do not frighten children, and do not let too squeeze and terrorize a dog. Provide him a quiet, secure place for a restful sleep, protects from various actions which may lead to stress.
- Treat the animal at the first sign of illness. Do not do it arbitrarily, keeping in mind that medications for people in many cases are dangerous for dogs, they have a different dosage and they can do more harm than help.
- Immunity is formed in the digestive system. If a dog has marked indigestion – constipation or diarrhea – the vet will advise probiotics that can eliminate the problem gently.
- In the cold season, and if the dog is weakened, often sick – the year-round, it can be given a special “dog” vitamins. They provide the necessary range of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other nutrients that stimulate and strengthen its own immunity.
- By appointment veterinarian dog give specific substance to maintain and strengthen the immune system – immune modulators.
It is advisable to use all of these methods comprehensively, they should be no exception to the rule and not the way to respond to the problem has already happened, and the foundation of a healthy lifestyle.
Overview of products
As a means to increase the level of immunity in the dog’s veterinarian may suggest using the following drugs:
- Echinacea tincture. It is performed in an alcohol and is used as means for uplift immunity in the presence of various diseases, as well as for preventive purposes. Keep in mind that these tools give drops of water strictly on the circuit.
- Tsikloferon. This immunomodulatory and antiviral agent. The drug stimulates the production of endogenous (own) interferon.
- Ribotan. This immunomodulators actively used in veterinary medicine, it is an ampoule solution means increases the activity of macrophages, stimulates the synthesis of interferons, increases resistance to specific antibodies.
- Maksidin. It veterinary drug widely used for the prevention and treatment of viral diseases in animals. It is an interferon inducer.
- Gamavit. Imunnomodeliruyuschee means for animals used for complex treatment of infectious diseases, intoxications of different types, including food poisoning and consequences of helminthiasis, the use of antibiotics.
- Immunal. This drug is practically analogue Echinacea tincture, since this plant is the main agent component. The drug is a stimulant of the nonspecific immune system.
These are only some of the drugs that may be prescribed by a veterinarian for strengthening the dog’s immune system. Each medium requires a precision of dosage and duration of treatment. Dose picked individually veterinarian for a specific dog because of its weight, age, existing illnesses.
The dangers of self-medication
The worst thing that can make a dog owner – is to experiment with her health. Do not think that uncontrolled giving her drugs, supports the immune system, you are helping pet. The service can be a bear.
Excessive activation of the immune system can lead to the fact that their own security forces will stop “working” at full strength. Even Paracelsus said that the body that is not in use, ceases to function.
The use of stimulants is prohibited in a number of diseases, such as tumor formations such preparations may expedite and enhance their growth. These drugs are appointed exclusively by a veterinarian for a particular animal on the testimony, and not arbitrarily.
Methods of preserving a strong immune system in the dog are exactly the same as for humans:
- Properly constructed diet and observance of the diet. The dog should be neither thin nor obese – a healthy weight is necessary for the proper functioning of the whole organism.
- The animal should be sporty. This means that it is just as necessary to the movement, as well as proper nutrition.
- Performing all vaccinations, the dog laid on the age.
- keeping animals in clean, hygienic adherence after walking on the street.
- Regular combat intestinal worms and fleas.
- Maintaining mental calmness and composure dog. Animal that loves, less susceptible to diseases.
- Applying for veterinary care in the early manifestations of distress symptoms.
When you perform these simple rules pet live a long, happy and healthy life.