Bengal cat eyes of a veterinarian
The content of the article
- 1 History of the breed
- 2 Appearance
- 3 peculiarity of nature
- 4 Features of the maintenance and care
- 5 predisposition to disease
Bengal cat – one of the most beautiful and loyal breeds. It is more like a wild leopard, than all the usual home cat. Mini version of the predator. Excellent unusual coloring, graceful and confident gait.
History of breed
In the sixties of the last century in America the progenitor of the breed was brought. He was born in Malaysia. The kitten was from the Asian Leopard Cat, the same wild.
However, Jane Mill managed to find a common language with him and tame.
After some time, the wild Asian leopardik feel like a real master of the house, and he liked the black master’s cat.
As a result of their “relationship” were born remarkable Bengal kittens.
Due to the non-aggressive disposition wild ancestors, domestic “mini-version” of Leopard has a gentle nature, does not conflict with other pets and children.
Breeders had to be easy, because the Bengal cat becomes able to fertilize the female only in the fourth generation. That is a great-grandson is able to give birth.
Therefore breeders had cross Bengal CIMS with males of various species, until the ideal kittens were obtained.
Coat short, smooth, shining. But the color may vary. Standard and is considered to be spotted like a leopard, and marble, and just brown.
But especially beautiful cats with color, like a snow leopard.
Sometimes in the litter appeared pretty long-haired kittens, which are then allocated to a separate group – silk Bengal (Kashmir).
Body weight of the girls about 4 pounds, but the boys can recruit and seven. Muscles are perfectly developed, precise movements, but at the same time like a cat smooth.
The improved rock for a long time. The aim was to obtain a non-aggressive breeders and courageous offspring. All kittens cowardly recognized marriage. Since the line is becoming more clear.
Bengal cat is known for its grace, tranquility, love to communicate, tenderness and devotion.
However, the “wild blood” makes itself felt. The animal is very agile, nimble, the smartest. Cats love action games.
Hobby – run, because “blood predator” is still flowing in their vessels. So do not be surprised if your pet will conquer cabinets, sofas and shelves.
Bengal cat is very smart, she is able to remember what makes her boss, and then play it.
Opening doors or windows, or switch off the light, flushing the toilet – all Pleven tasks for the representatives of the breed.
They love the water, pleasure or swim up to the owner company.
Though the cat and home, but her instinct was in charge of the defense of their “leader.” Becoming a true leader for the cat, you can not worry about their “security”.
Bengal at the cost of his life will you be protected.
predator instinct of the cat will not allow any mouse in the house even run past. But pet, which costs thousands of dollars to use as something silly for such purposes.
On domesticated leopard can enjoy for hours, to participate in exhibitions, but does not use it as myshe- or Rat-traps.
Take care of your fingers, otherwise the cat during the game you can bite them. Yes, and do not hold hands for a long time, not like this Bengali. Although loneliness is not representative for the breed. All in moderation.
Features of the maintenance and care
Nothing supernatural is not required. However, there are some nuances that will help your pet feel happy and contented life.
First, make sure that you have enough free space for active cats games. Otherwise, the animal will be uncomfortable, it will be sad, and even sick.
Now, on account of the tray. If he stands in the wrong place, the filler is not suitable (best suited wood pressed because Bengalis love to dig in the sand / sawdust).
Therefore, pre-select a tray that its board did not allow the filler to fly beyond it.
Do not forget to follow its purity. If the tray smacks lie excrement or go the other cat. But flush with chemistry should not be.
Otherwise, your Bengal cat is not sniff out his smell and will take this tray as a toilet.
For hair care easy. Her healthy glow is dependent on a balanced and quality nutrition. No need for combing, but the home favorite is unlikely to give up the pats on the back with a soft brush.
And at the expense of swimming, do not worry, be happy animal will jump into the tub for you.
Be sure to purchase a scratching post. From childhood accustom it to her baby, will not spoil your pet furniture, wallpaper.
By the way, even after clipping claws Bengali will not give up in order to sharpen them. Be on the lookout.
Predisposition to disease
In fact, Bengal cat is rarely sick. However, despite the hard work of breeders who tried to eliminate a variety of genetic abnormalities, carefully selecting the males and the females, after all, some diseases could not be completely “eradicated.”
It is therefore necessary to carefully select the pair for your pet to reduce the risk of serious diseases to a minimum.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. This disease heads the list of most frequently detected genetic diseases specific to Bengal cats. Unfortunately, self-identify the disease at his home pet is extremely difficult, almost impossible. Often the first symptom – a sudden death, but if the time to visit the veterinarian, it is after auscultation, heard noises in the hearts suspect that your Bengal cat is sick.
- Alas, the Bengalis are prone to intestinal inflammation. Symptoms may include pain when light pressure on the abdomen (but do not zhmyakat with all pet force), lost appetite, body temperature often rises, Bengal cat becomes sluggish. Be sure to visit the vet as soon as notice that your home has become a beautiful worry, lose your appetite or her increased body temperature. Indeed, inflammatory bowel disease may not only be “independent” disease, but also the main clinical signs of incipient infection.
- Feline leukemia is also often occur among Bengalis. It is the same cancer of the blood of a man. And predisposition to it is inherited. It is extremely important to know about the health of not only the parents kitten, but his grandparents, to eliminate the risk of the disease.
- It is important to ensure that your pet eats. Because the gastrointestinal tract of these beauties is very weak. Poor nutrition can lead to serious poisoning. So be sure to monitor what is in the bowl of your pet, change the water, wash the dishes (without the use of household chemicals).
- flat chest syndrome. It is believed that this pathology is caused by disturbances at the gene level of metabolism. As a result, kittens chest looks flat and the edges as though bent inward. Unfortunately, kittens with such disorders rarely survive, because the heart and lungs in the chest becomes tight.
- “Dry nose syndrome”. Most often suffer from it young (one year) kittens. Symptoms are simple: the skin on the nose dries, cracks, and then may appear sores. Careful care of a pet can help to avoid this problem.
- Allergies to medications. Many representatives of the breed registered intolerance to drugs for anesthesia. It should be extremely careful in any case not to resort to self-medication. Otherwise, you will not be able to save his handsome home if it starts anaphylactic shock, which will lead to suffocation and stop the heart.