6 Things To Get Away From Your Pet

6 Things To Get Away From Your Pet 

Text extracted HypeScience

If your dog, cat, turtle, tarantula and / or other pet is somewhat nosy, you had better pay close attention to not let him get close to some things that are probably in your house, unless you be prepared to find enough vomit the halls – and this is not the biggest problem, because even worse thing can happen to the poor things. Look:

mouthwash

Lift the lid of the toilet and play in the private water is not the worst thing that your pet can do in the bathroom. The mouthwash you have over the sink can be quite dangerous if swallowed. Some of them have their formulas boric acid, which in addition to vomiting, the animal may lead to a coma. In some cases, may also affect reproduction and development of animals. Boric acid may also be found in other products such as nail polish, creams, ointments and powders.

naphthalene

Naphthalene, also known as the mothballs that you leave in the closet as an insecticide or deodorant, can cause damage both to animals as to humans. In animals, especially attacks the nervous system if inhaled or ingested. When metabolized, the substance may cause liver problems. Some research done in rats even indicate that naphthalene causes nose cancer in animals. The recommendation of veterinarians is that it be exchanged for those flavoring sachets – because the smell is better.

plants

However harmless it may seem, a walk in the garden can be quite dangerous for pets. Some studies indicate that there are over 700 plants that can be toxic to pets. These include flowers like lily, the azalea and even leaves and stems of some trees, such as oak. Usually the symptoms include drowsiness, drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, among others, which can lead to death. Not the case to prevent your dog enjoy his life running through the grass, but it is good to pay attention.

Cleaning products

You know that sign that is found in virtually every cleaning product that says “keep out of reach of children and pets”? Yeah. Take it seriously. Most cleaning products, including fabric softeners and detergents, are extremely toxic to animals. vomiting seizures, excessive salivation and dilated pupils are again among the most common symptoms. In case of poisoning by cleaning products, do not force the animal vomit. It runs the risk of injuring the esophagus it. The only thing you can do before arriving at the veterinarian is to give your friend activated carbon product that is sold in pharmacies and decreases the absorption of cleaner, the body of animals.

paracetamol

If you notice that your puppy has a cold and want to help,  do not take acetaminophen for it. Your medicine can be poison to their four – legged friends, especially for cats. Only one tablet of paracetamol dramatically affects the red blood cells and liver of animals, leading to death in a few days. This is because cats can not metabolize the drug components in the liver, the reduced activity of some proteins. In cases of ingestion, cats should be taken immediately to a veterinarian. In dogs, the effect of paracetamol is not as aggressive, but still the drug can cause permanent liver damage. Other human medicine, such as dipyrone and aspirin can also cause devastating effects in dogs and cats. In short: not automedique your animal, in any case.

Chocolate

This is perhaps the most famous food among those that are toxic to animals. For animals as a whole, not only for the dogs. Cats also have serious problems if they decide to attack this Easter egg forgotten in the closet. The problem is a substance called theobromine. It is not metabolized by the liver right of pets, causing vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, lack of coordination and even death if consumed in large quantities. Doses close to 100 mg / kg are considered toxic and lethal close to 200 mg / kg, depending on the size of the animal. The presence of the substance varies depending on the type of chocolate. Those with higher cocoa concentration have more theobromine. The powdered chocolate and bitter dark chocolate containing from 15 to 20 mg of theobromine per gram. Milk chocolate contains less: about 1.5 mg per gram.


Add Comment